Yesterday I noticed that I had too many white hairs and I’m like 28 years old only! But since it was raining cats and dogs again due to typhoon “Egay” I couldn’t go to the salon to get a hair coloring treatment.
But my mom had the brilliant idea of doing my hair coloring treatment at home. Well she knows the basics of hair coloring treatment and she does a decent job of curling and coloring my sisters’ hair(s) too. Plus hair coloring isn’t too complicated so I didn’t get scared of my mom’s suggestion LOL.
So I headed to our neighborhood grocery and bought this hair colorant called Sasha Professional Hair Colorant in chocolate brown color. One box/set comes with a tube of the hair colorant and a small bottle of oxidizing agent.
1. hair colorant
2. oxidizing agent (if not yet included in the hair colorant set you bought).
HBC (Hortaleza Beauty Center–a trusted brand for hair treatment items) sells their hair colorant separate from the oxidizing agent. The label should indicate 12%
3. a container where you can put the mixture of hair colorant + oxidizing agent
4. a comb
5. a pair of disposable or surgical gloves
6. a shower cap
7. a worn-out shirt (you might stain your new shirt with the hair colorant)
Once you have mixed the hair colorant with the oxidizing agent, you or someone else can start applying it on your hair. You should apply it per layer using a comb. Be sure not to put hair colorant outside of the hair area especially the face. You might feel a burning sensation due to the oxidizing agent but that’s okay. But not on the face, just on the scalp ;)
After evenly applying the mixture to your hair or after you have consumed all of the mixture, you can put on a shower cap and wait for about an hour to let the color settle.
After an hour, you can wash your hair in the shower. Remember to use hair conditioner as your hair will be all dried up as a reaction to the oxidizing agent.
Here’s the result of my hair color treatment courtesy of my mom.
We started the treatment at around 9PM so I was able to sleep at past 12MN already. Be sure to start early when doing this treatment so that you won’t sleep late ;)
So how did Sasha Professional Hair Colorant fare?
What I like:
1. It’s very affordable at 49.50Php per set/box.
*I used only 2 boxes/sets for my shoulder-length but thick hair. So that’s 99Php only!
2. It didn’t damage my hair
3. The hair color result was okay. It covered my white hairs! Most of them at least :P
What I didn’t like:
1. One box is not enough (at least for my thick hair). The tube of hair color was too small if you want more coverage. But if you want highlights only, one box/set is enough already.
2. This brand has very limited colors. The only colors available are black, dark mahogany and chocolate brown :(
3. I still don’t know if the color will last long