The recently concluded Star Magic Ball (an annual party organized by ABS-CBN) left me in awe of all the beautiful gowns worn by some of the prettiest faces in show business.
But what struck me the most is that some gowns can actually be made and used as inspirations for wedding gowns. I have listed below the top 10 gowns that I think can also be worn as a wedding dress. Most of the gowns are red, black, champagne and ivory in color but heck! you can convert them into a more acceptable color (like maybe white, ivory or nude) for a wedding gown and voila you already have the wedding gown of your dreams.
*Photos grabbed from the Female Network website.
*Note: though I find Bea Alonzo’s gown stunning, I am not able to include her in this list since it’s quite a revealing gown for a wedding eh? Teehee.
10. Heart Evangelista opted for a simple and straightforward tube-type gown. I think the fabric is mikado silk. Not too sure though. I just love the feather which was added to accentuate the simple yet classy gown. If you’re not keen on having something black on your wedding gown, you can have the feather in another hue which is a bit darker than the color of the gown itself.
9. Beauty Queen, Venus Raj, looked every inch a goddess in her Grecian-inspired gown. But I think this gown suits a beach-themed wedding or weddings that are held outdoors.
8. I just know Coleen Garcia from her stint as one of the judges in the top-rating show, Showtime. She’s very pretty and dainty in her red gown. And those shoulders and arms are really nicely toned huh. The neckline of the gown also gave it a subtle look of sexiness.
7. Rica Peralejo still looked young and beautiful like she’s not married at all! Although her gown may look like that of Coleen’s, I gave her gown a higher ranking because it emphasized her curves nicely and the details are more polished. I also think that the layered and tiered skirt is kind of cute.
6. Cristine Reyes looked sexy yet feminine in her gray gown with a sheer overlay. The beaded-bodice was contrasted with a plain skirt which kept the overall look of the gown subdued but still classy.
5. KC Concepcion’s gown is one of the few gowns which could already pass up as a wedding gown without too much modifications. Serpentina-style gowns (like the one KC wore) are the current trend in the wedding fashion scene. Not to mention Piolo already looked like a dashing groom in his tux.
4. I love how Kathryn Bernardo’s gown was made with its intricate stencil details that gave the gown its unique but still dainty look. I also love the champagne color of the gown although not all Catholic churches will allow this color.
3. Angelica Panganiban’s gown is one of the few gowns as well that can be worn straight into a wedding without much alteration. I wonder if it’s because of their gorgeous dates (KC’s Piolo and Angelica’s Derek). The cream color of the gown is both whimsical and dreamy. And the sheer top is oh-so-sexy without going over the top.
2. Kim Chiu always struck me as a good dresser. Must be because of her model-ish and svelte figure and I just love how her gown clung to her every curve perfectly. The serpentina-style gown definitely looks stunning on her.
And my number 1 gown inspiration is…..
1. Iya Villania’s gown is definitely swoon-worthy with its old-world and vintage-y charm. Iya really rocks in her Old Hollywood inspired gown matched with a wine-red lipstick and a vintage updo. Spell unique and gorgeous eh. That’s I-Y-A!